Basic Gel/Polygel Extension Course 1:1
Beauty Vision Ireland
Main Street Ballisodare,
Start: To Be Confirmed.
(Start times and dates for private one-to-one training days are extremely flexible and are arranged on any given day that suits both the educator and student. This includes weekends, weekdays, evenings and public holidays. Dates and start times will be arranged, scheduled and organised over the phone after the course has been booked online).
Level: Beginner, Basic, Foundation, Starting-out, (all levels of skill welcome)
Educator: Kate Kruszyńska
(Course date and time will be arranged on a day that suits both the student and educator).
Starter kit available to purchase separately. Click link below if interested:
Basic, beginner, entry-level Gel Nail Extension Course.
The course where you can learn how to create beautifully long, natural looking nails that are strong and elegant.
This ABT Accredited Beginner Gel Nail Technician Course is run over three separate days, allowing students time in between each training day to go home practice, revise and take in all the information they have learned. The group course is held with controlled numbers, to allow appropriate interaction between the educator and student, so as to ensure proper time is allocated to each student and cater for their individual learning needs. We wish to provide real ‘hands-on’ learning experiences to everyone, and treat each student with respect and importance, with no barriers or prejudice.
The course takes 3 days in total, running over three separate weeks.
On the first day of training the students will work on their own nails.
On the second day of training a model is required. It is each student's responsibility to sort and organise their own model. (Models should be someone who is able to sit for a number of hours in succession and someone who does not have extremely short, damaged or bitten nails, as these are too difficult to work on for this basic beginner level course. Models can be anyone over the age of 16, male or female).
On the third day a model is optional and it is the students decision if they want to work on their own nails or on their models nails.
During this course each student will receive a training information pack, with educational notes, to help students master the gathered knowledge from the course. It is a great help for students to make reference to when they are on their week off for practice at home and help them find the extra notes taken during the course.
The final training day finishes with a theory and practical exam, which determines the qualifying result for each student.
Students must pass in all aspects of theory and practical work in order to receive the recognised ABT qualification and certificate.
Upon successful completion of this Beginner level Gel Nail Extension Course, and with some further practice, students are ready to enter the world of beauty and begin their nail extension careers.
Outline of course:
- Welcome and introduction to nails.
- Health and safety regulations in a nail technician's career and their responsibilities.
- Nail diseases and disorders and how to recognise them.
- Proper hygiene, disinfection and sterilisation.
- Contraindications to performing any nail treatment.
- All products required to properly perform gel nails safely and correctly.
- Gel types and what primers to choose and why?
- Natural and extended nail anatomy and construction.
- Nail extensions explained on forms and tips.
- Learning a first gel nail extension in the basic oval shape, ensuring accurate structure.
- Learning the correct nail filing technique and why it is important.
- Gel nail aftercare.
- Learning the correct way to fit and place a nail form onto the natural nail and how to. create nail extensions using forms.
- Students create the oval gel nail extension and the educator will observe the students progress and working knowledge in practice.
- Creating almond and coffin gel nail shapes, ensuring that correct structure and filing techniques are used for each shape individually.
- Learning the process and theory of gel nail refills.
- Electric File demonstration for natural nail preparation and gel nail removal.
- Theory and nail anatomy briefly revised, to provide a refresher before the theory exam.
- The student will practise the learned nail extension shapes from the previous day(s) of training. The oval, almond and coffin shapes.
- The student will sit the basic theory exam, unaided.
- The student will perform a basic practical exam unaided, creating the gel nail extension shapes outlined by the instructor for this exam day. (Students can perform this exam on a model or use their own nails).
Terms & Conditions
Our courses are suitable for those aged 16 or over, unless otherwise stated.
All courses are subject to demand. In the unlikely event that a course or workshop does not obtain the necessary number in order to initially run, applicants will receive a full refund or the opportunity to change their application to the next time that course runs.
In the rare event that a course structure must be changed or amended, students will be given adequate notice. The training centre reserves the right to change course dates, times and duration at its own discretion and where it feels necessary.
If you wish to cancel a course booking, you must do so no later than 10 days before the course start date, otherwise the deposit payment can not be refunded. The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable if cancelled less than 10 days before the course date.
A deposit payment of 50% is required upon booking to secure the place.
The outstanding amount is due on the day of the course.
Course Bookings and Payments:
If you wish to apply for any of our courses or workshops you can do so via our website: www.beautyvision.ie or directly in the Beauty Vision training centre, located on Main Street, Ballisodare, Co. Sligo.
Applicants have the option to pay the course fees in full or secure their place with a deposit payment and pay the balance on the course date in store. Payment can be made via cash or card. (We do not accept personal cheques).
Attending a course at the Beauty Vision Training Centre:
Having booked a course you will be sent an email to confirm your chosen course and date.
You will be contacted a day prior to your course via text message with a reminder for the day and times to attend, and if any necessary products/equipment are required for you to bring.
You might also like