Basic Gel Nails Extension Course
Beauty Vision Ireland
Main Street Ballisodare,
Start: 8th May 10.00am - 4:00pm each day.
Date: Start 8th May - finish 22nd May
(3 Day Course. Course runs across these 3 dates)
Level: Beginner Level, Basic Foundation Level
Educator: Kate Kruszyńska
Starter kit available to purchase for €200. Click link below if interested:
Basic, beginner, entry-level gel nail extension course.
The course that everyone is asking for, where you can learn to create beautifully long, natural looking nails that are strong and elegant.
This ABT Accredited Beginner Nail Technician Course is run over three separate days, allowing students time in between each training day to go home and practice, revise and take in all the information they have learned. The group course is held with controlled numbers, to allow appropriate interaction between the educator and student, so as to ensure proper time is allocated to each student, to cater for their individual learning needs. We wish to provide real hands-on learning experiences to everyone, and treat each student with respect and importance, with no barriers or prejudice.
The course takes 3 days in total, running over three separate weeks. On the first day of training the students will work on their own nails. On the second day a model is required. It is each student's responsibility to sort and organise their own model. (Models should be someone who is able to sit for a couple of hours and someone who does not have extremely short, damaged or bitten nails, as these are too difficult to work on for this basic beginner level course. Models can be anyone over the age of 16, male or female). On the third day a model is optional and it is the students decision if they want to work on their own nails or on their models nails.
During this course each student will receive a training information pack, with educational notes, to help students master the gathered knowledge from the course. It is a great help for students to make reference to when they are on their week off for practice at home and help them find the extra notes taken during the course.
The final training day finishes with a theory and practical exam, which determines the qualifying result for each student.
Students must pass in all aspects of theory and practical work in order to receive the recognised ABT qualification and certificate.
Upon successful completion of this Beginner level Gel Nail Extension Course, and with some further practice, students are ready to enter the world of beauty and begin their nail extension careers.
We would love to welcome you to our training academy in Ballisodare, Co. Sligo and help you grow and succeed on your individual journey into the nail industry.
(Students work on their own nails)
- Welcome and introduction to the course
- Health and safety regulations in a nail technicians career and their responsibilities
- Nail diseases and disorders and how to recognise them
- Proper hygiene, disinfection and sterilisation
- Contraindications to performing any nail treatment
- All products required to properly perform gel nails safely and correctly
- Gel types and what primers to choose and why
- Natural and extended nail anatomy and construction
- Nail extensions explained on forms and tips
- Learning a first gel nail extension in the basic oval shape, ensuring accurate structure
- Learning the correct nail filing technique and why it is important
- Gel nail aftercare
(Students work on their models nails)
- A quick recap on the previous learning day and checking in with each student's progress from the week of practice, addressing any issues or concerns
- Students create the oval gel nail extension that was learned on the first day and Kate, the educator, will observe each individuals progress and working knowledge in practice
- Learning thoroughly the correct way to fit and place a nail form onto the natural nail and how to create nail extensions using forms
- Creating almond and coffin gel nail shapes, ensuring that correct structure and filing techniques are used for each shape individually
- Learning the process and theory of gel nail refills
- Electric File demonstration for natural nail preparation and gel nail removal
- Problem solving for all students and any questions to be rectified
(Students work on their own hands or on their models nails)
- Revision on all nail shapes and theory. Any questions raised are solved and students should take this time to go over any information they are unsure of.
- Theory and nail anatomy briefly revised, to provide a refresher before the theory exam. We encourage all students to ask questions during this revision session.
- Students practise the learned nail extension shapes from the previous 2 days of training. The oval, almond and coffin shapes.
- Students will sit the basic theory exam, unaided.
- Students will perform a basic practical exam, creating gel nail extension shapes outlined by the instructor on the day. (Students can perform this exam on their model or use their own nails).
We would love to welcome you to our training centre in Ballisodare Co. Sligo and watch you grow and succeed in your journey to becoming the best nail technician you can be.
Terms & Conditions
Our courses are suitable for those aged 16 or over, unless otherwise stated.
All courses are subject to demand. In the unlikely event that a course or workshop does not obtain the necessary number in order to initially run, applicants will receive a full refund or the opportunity to change their application to the next time that course runs.
In the rare event that a course structure must be changed or amended, students will be given adequate notice. The training centre reserves the right to change course dates, times and duration at its own discretion and where it feels necessary.
The deposit payment of 50% is required upon booking.
The outstanding amount is due on the day of the course.
If you wish to cancel a course booking, you must do so no later than 10 days before the course start date, otherwise the deposit payment can not be refunded. The deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable if cancelled less than 10 days before the course date.
Course Bookings and Payments:
If you wish to apply for any of our courses or workshops you can do so via our website: www.beautyvision.ie or directly in the Beauty Vision training centre, located on Main Street, Ballisodare, Co. Sligo.
Applicants have the option to pay the course fees in full or secure their place with a deposit payment online and pay the balance on the course date in store. Payment can be made via cash or card. (We do not accept personal cheques).
Attending a course at the Beauty Vision Training Centre:
Having booked a course you will be sent an email to confirm your chosen course and date.
You will be contacted a day prior to your course via text message with a reminder for the day and times to attend, and if any necessary products/equipment are required for you to bring.
You might also like